A One Day Experience, Sampling Scotland's Finest Exports.
Scotland is well known for its delightful cuisine and fine delicacies, making it a desired travel destination for food enthusiasts around the world. This experience allows you learn more about Scotland’s two most successful exports, Scotch Whisky and Scotch Beef.
Aberdeen Angus beef has become the marque of the finest steak, with its finely marbled meat making it more tender, juicy and flavourful than other breeds. Glenturret Distillery, situated in the beautiful town of Crieff, is Scotlands oldest working distillery and home to the Famous Grouse Whisky.
Your first stop will be an organic Aberdeen Angus Beef farm, where you will learn more about the farm processes and the history of the breed. For lunch, you will have the opportunity to enjoy an Aberdeen Angus steak paired with seasonal salad and local beer. You will then travel to Glenturret Distillery, where you will discover the origins of Famous Grouse Whisky, followed by a tasting of Scotland’s favourite drink. Steeped in history, the distillery has some fascinating stories to tell!
This unique adventure leaves from Glasgow by private car and is led by your tour director Brenda, the World Food Travel Association Ambassador for Scotland. There simply couldn’t be a better qualified person to introduce you to the authentic food and drink delights of the area.
Your day will include:
- Visit to an Organic family farm with coffee and home-baking on arrival in the farmhouse.
- Tour of farm and unique insight into the breeding, feeding, handling and history of Scotland’s most famous breed, Aberdeen Angus.
- Organic Aberdeen Angus Prime Steak Tasting Experience, paired with delicious local Beer and a fresh, organic salad
- Visit Glenturrent Distillery in Crieff.
- A stop for coffee & cake accompanied by a wee dram at the Distillery.
- The Famous Grouse Experience Whisky Distillery Tour, followed by a tasting.
- Executive transportation in a luxury car or van (MPV) and expert Tour Director.
Prices are based upon two people enjoying the experience. This tour can also be enjoyed by an individual or a larger group. Contact us for more details.