A One Day Experience, Tasting Scotland's Finest Produce.
Scotland is celebrated as the home to some of the finest food and drinks produce in the world. This adventure will allow you to learn, experience, produce and taste two of the very best.
Aberdeen Angus beef has become the marque of the finest steak, with its finely marbled meat making it more tender, juicy and flavourful than other breeds. The Glenturret Distillery, Scotland’s oldest Whisky Distillery, uses the finest grains, pure Scottish water and carefully seasoned sherry and bourbon casks to create their uniquely rich, smooth and sweet whisky.
Your first stop will be an organic Aberdeen Angus Beef farm, where you will learn more about the farm processes and the history of the breed. For lunch, you will have the opportunity to enjoy an Aberdeen Angus steak paired with seasonal salad and local beer. You will then travel to the beautiful town of Crieff which is home to the Glenturret Distillery. Here you will uncover the secrets of making Scotland’s world renowned Famous Grouse whisky, followed by a tasting. Finally, you will discover if you have what it takes to be a Master Blender, as you create your own unique whisky.
This unique experience leaves from Edinburgh by private car and is led by your tour director Brenda, the World Food Travel Association Ambassador for Scotland. There simply couldn’t be a better qualified person to introduce you to the authentic food and drink delights of the area.
Your day will include:
- Journey to an organic family farm with coffee and home-baking on arrival.
- Tour of farm and unique insight into the breeding, feeding, handling and history of Scotland’s most famous breed, Aberdeen Angus.
- Organic Aberdeen Angus Prime Steak Tasting Experience, paired with delicious local beer and fresh seasonal salad. This is followed by dessert and coffee.
- In-depth Distillery Tour, Tasting of 4 exceptional Glenturret Highland Single Malts in the specially created warehouse sample rooms.
- Test your sensory skills with a Malt Challenge and receive guidance in art of blending your very own whisky to take home.
- Executive transportation in a luxury car or van (MPV) and expert Tour Director.
Prices are based upon two people enjoying the experience. This tour can also be enjoyed by an individual or a larger group. Contact us for more details.